The best way to start the windsurfing year! Great beaches, waves, light... Paint yourself happy
Windy and sunny both days. Excellent weekend
The glorious weather stopped any thoughts of windsurfing, but there was surf all weekend and a very large beach. Mark was out on his sup, Paul on his kayak and myself on a surfboard. When the tide receeded the speedsails came out along with Chris m.........
- jonathan sailed at Hayling Island on 25/02/17
- 22/02/17 Nigel commented on Hosting events 2017 - any takers??
- 20/02/17 johng added Hosting events 2017 - any takers??
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event Bramblebush 23-24 Sep 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event North Devon August Bank Hol 26-28 Aug 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event Weymouth August Bank Hol 26-28 Aug 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event Bramblebush 22-23 July 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event Summer bash and AGM Calshot 15 July 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event Bramblebush 24-25 June 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added the forthcoming event National Watersports Festival 3-4 June 2017
- 20/02/17 johng added Rutland Water
|Today:||high 11:44 4.8m low 17:15 0.6m|
|Saturday:||high 15:29 4.4m low 20:52 1.1m|
Celebrate Earth Day with a Spring Clean!
Northam Burrows, or Westward Ho! (inclusive explanation mark) has been the scene of many an adventure - have your own on the first long weekend after Easter! It should be sunny, and if there's good wind, it's a great place to sail, with a sandy beach and waves. Surf, have BBQs on the stones, walk around the corner up the estuary, get tiddly in the Appledore pubs and generally relax away the stress of your normal life.
An excellent spot, with good parking, a handy campsite and quality pub nearby. And if you feel like some Agatha Christie impersonation, the Art Deco hotel is on the island!
The attractions of Weymouth harbour are legion - speed, speed, and more speed! A great place to learn to waterstart if you can't, or practise gybing around those struggling to do so if you can already.
Hurray!! First B'bush of the year!
Another opportunity to visit Weymouth - did I say that it's the home of the Official Test Centre? A great chance to try out all that gear you've seen in the mags or had your mates bang on about at length, and in the home of UK sailing.